Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoplite

Go down 
+2
Ernest
gforceman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gforceman
New guy
New guy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi guys,

This will be my first post here on the forum. Many thanks to Ernesto for inviting me Wink

Included are some early in progress pics of the figure I'm now working on. It's an old Pegaso figure from their Sparta vs Athenes set. The age became appearant because of the cleaning work needed and a lot of pitting on the figure. It makes me realize how spoilt we are now. As always all is painted with acrylics and inks. I'll post some more updates as soon as I have done some more work on it. As always I would love to hear your comments on this figure.

Cheers,

Gino

Hoplite Progress1A

Hoplite Progress1B

Hoplite Progress1C

Hoplite Progress1D
Back to top Go down
Ernest
Admin
Admin
Ernest

Number of posts : 3065
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 11:24 pm

Hi Gino and welcome cheers the figure is looking good so far, I really like the way that you painted the helmet, could you tell us the colors Smile
thanks for posting...
ER
Back to top Go down
jose manuel corujo
Honor member
Honor member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 5:03 am

Bueno parece que alguien mas esta pintando un hoplita, la verdad es que para mi es una suerte por un lado para ver una maravilla de figura y por otro lado para aprender.
Por cierto podria explicar como esta haciendo el casco me seria de gran ayuda.

Gracias un saludo
Back to top Go down
gforceman
New guy
New guy

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: colours   Hoplite EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 10:25 am

Hi guys,

Then you very much for the warm welcome.

The helmet was really easy to do. The base was English Uniform + Gloss Black. Highlgihting was done by adding Golden Brown, while pure black was used for the shading. I then applied a thin layers of Satin Varnish and the very high highlights got some Gloss Varnish. and that's it. For his body armour I've changed the Golden Brown for Ochre Green to get a slightly different effect.

Greetz,

Gino
Back to top Go down
Ernest
Admin
Admin
Ernest

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 2:51 pm

Thanks Gino for sharing your mxes, are quite similar to mine Hoplite 4856 looking forward to see more of this subjet... Hoplite 207271
ER
Back to top Go down
jose manuel corujo
Honor member
Honor member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 6:11 pm

gracias por facilitar las mezclas del casco pero alguien amablemente puede hacer una traducion pues el ingles no es lo mio Embarassed

muchas gracias
Back to top Go down
Ernest
Admin
Admin
Ernest

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 6:54 pm

gforceman wrote:
Hi guys,

Then you very much for the warm welcome.

The helmet was really easy to do. The base was English Uniform + Gloss Black. Highlgihting was done by adding Golden Brown, while pure black was used for the shading. I then applied a thin layers of Satin Varnish and the very high highlights got some Gloss Varnish. and that's it. For his body armour I've changed the Golden Brown for Ochre Green to get a slightly different effect.

Greetz,

Gino

Hola Jose Manuel, segun cuenta Gino para el casco uso como base Uniforme Ingles - Negro Brillante, las luces añadio Marron Dorado y Negro para las sombras, luego aplico capas de barniz satinado y luego un poco de barniz brillante bien diluido. Para la armadura uso la misma mezcla pero con Verde ocre para hacerlo diferente...
Recuerda que si tienes dudas con el ingles puedes usar el traductor de google que ayuda bastante Wink
Back to top Go down
John Belcher
New guy
New guy
John Belcher

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-03

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 5:30 am

Hi Gino,Great to see your work here my friend.Looks great what you have done so far on your figure.Looking forward to follow your painting process.Kind regards John Hoplite 207271
Back to top Go down
Paulyrichard
Honor member
Honor member
Paulyrichard

Number of posts : 47

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 7:36 am

That is an interestin' look to his bronze armour.
Back to top Go down
Armellini
Addict to forum
Addict to forum
Armellini

Number of posts : 148

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 6:21 pm

Nice mini! I like the helmet!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gforceman
New guy
New guy

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: part2   Hoplite EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 8:13 pm

Hello guys,

After being seperated frm my brushes by illness I'm finally able again to paint. So I have worked some more on this Hoplite figure. It now became appearant what bad quality this figure is (small lead balls all over the figure, no smooth surface, the need to resculpt some parts and a terrible fit of parts) that I'm now confinced this must be a resculpt. The man I'm painting ths for didn't knew this when he bought it frm the internet, but this proves that you can't be carefull enough. Anyway, I think the upperbody and right arm are finnished, unless someone points out something that really needs to be corrected. I will do something about the bad fit of the right arm to the sleeve. I'm now doing the groundwork and will then continue painting the body and final part will be the left arm. All is painted with acryllics, some inks and weathering so far was done with Andrea pigments.

As alway I'm curious to hear what you think of it and how I can improve my painting so next figures look better. Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Gino

Hoplite Progress5A

Hoplite Progress5B

Hoplite Progress5C

Hoplite Progress5CD

Hoplite Progress5E

Hoplite Progress5F
Back to top Go down
Ernest
Admin
Admin
Ernest

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi Gino
Glad to see you again overhere, the figure looks great so far, I like the color of the blue tunic, very soft and clean...hope to see more progress soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hoplite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoplite   Hoplite Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoplite
Page 1 of 1